Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Serena Van Schepdael – Finance Manager/Responsible Financial Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Robert Douglas– Chair
- Councillor Russell Chadwick– Vice Chair
- Councillor Suzanne Akers Smith
- Councillor Duncan Amies
- Councillor David Brown
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor George Hayes
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Rob Moreton
- Councillor James Smith
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apology for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee held on 27th January 2022.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings.
- Review of Grants and Funding Policy – See item 16
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing
7 days prior to the meeting.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this committee, but no discussion or decisions
may be taken at the meeting.
7. Grant Approvals and Commitments (Enclosed)
To receive a statement showing the current position as at 31st January 2022.
8. New Applications for Financial Assistance (Enclosed)
• Grant Ref 12/2122 Congleton Live CIC Ltd
• Grant Ref 13/2122 Parents /Guardians of Smallwood School Academy
• Grant Ref 14/2122 Friends for Leisure
• Grant Ref 15/2122 Congleton Pride
• Grant Ref 16/2122 Mossley Old School Trust
• Grant Ref 17/2122 Beartown Patchwork & Quilters
9. New Grant Activities Monitoring Forms (Enclosed)
To receive the New Grant Activities Monitoring Form from:
10. Management Accounts (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the Management Accounts as at 31st January 2022.
11. Bank Reconciliation (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the bank reconciliation as at 31st January 2022.
12. Savings Account Balances (Enclosed)
To receive the Savings Account balances as at 31st January 2022.
13. List of Payments (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Payments lists between 1st December 2021 to 31st January 2022.
14. Annual Review of the Business Risk Assessment (Enclosed)
To review and approve the Business Risk Assessment for 2022/23.
15. Second Interim Internal Audit Report 2021/22 (Enclosed)
To receive the Second interim Audit for 2021-2022.
16. Amendments to the Grants and Funding Policy (Enclosed)
To approve amendments to the Grants and Funding Policy.
17.Annual Pay Agreement 2021/22 (Enclosed)
To note: 1 – Annual Pay Agreement award of 1.75%.
2 – To note that the back pay due from 1st April 2021 was paid in March 2022 salaries.
18. Petty Cash Verification (Enclosed)
To receive the verification of the Town Council’s Petty Cash Account balance.
19. Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) (Enclosed)
To receive the Community Infrastructure Levy report.