Update from Graham Construction: 26th March 2020
On Monday evening (23rd March) the Prime Minister, Boris Johnston, made his announcement making it clearer that there are challenges in keeping construction sites working safely. As a consequence of the Government’s directive and announcement, alongside associated COVID-19 guidance and legislation, GRAHAM is ceasing the majority of construction work on its sites, including the Congleton Link Road, with a number of exceptions for works capable of being carried out within the Government guidelines, and which are also deemed as ‘critical’. We can therefore advise that only earthworks operations, which we are confident can be completed in accordance with government guidance, will continue and all other works will be suspended from close of business on Friday 27th March 2020 until further notice. We will continue to send out updates on the project as the ever changing situation develops.
If you have any questions regarding this information or have any other enquiries relating to the project, please contact us via email@example.com
For more information or to keep up-to date with the project, please visit: www.graham.co.uk/congleton-link-road
After many years in the planning, work is finally starting on the 5.5km Congleton Link Road. The link road will join the A534 Sandbach Road (to the west of Congleton) with the A536 Macclesfield Road (to the north of the town). The new road is expected to be open late in 2020.
In July 2018, Cheshire East Council appointed the large engineering company Graham to deliver the scheme.
At a Meet the Developers open session at the end of January, engineers from the Graham team shared the proposed work phases:
- Utility Diversions – start January 2019
- Ecological Management work – starts January 2019
- Site Compounds established – March 2019
- Earthworks commence – March 2019
- Back Lane East complete June 2019
As part of these works there is now a ROAD CLOSURE on Back Lane, Congleton between Radnor Hall Farm and Radnor Park Trading Estate this is likely to continue until the end of July 2019.
- There will be no access to through traffic along this section of Back Lane. Diversion signs will be in place
- Access to the playing fields will be maintained via the Chelford Road End
- Access to properties between Chelford Road and the closure will be maintained via Chelford Road
- Access to Seddon Homes construction site will be via Holmes Chapel Road.
If you have any questions regarding information on the Link Road works the best contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be seen at : www.graham.co.uk/congleton-link-road
For the full presentation as mentioned above, click here.