Although Congleton Town Council has declared a Climate Emergency, the council alone cannot do everything that needs to be done in Congleton to reduce carbon emissions and drive biodiversity.
In this section
In this section you will find some Green Living information.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle
- Energy and carbon footprint
- Community Groups
- Green Fayre
- Green Christmas
- Green Resources
There are lots of things you can do as a householder or resident, including:
- Reduce energy use
- Switch away from fossil fuels to clean energy sources
- Change the products and chemicals you use at home
- Reduce consumption – mending rather than throwing away/replacing
- Avoid single-use plastics (bottles, packaging)
- Insulate your home
- Allow your garden to go a bit wild to attract pollinators and wildlife
- Plant more trees and hedges
- Buy less meat, milk, cheese and butter
- Buy local produce wherever possible, and throw less food away
- Travel by bike, train and bus instead of car
- Avoid flying wherever possible
- Demand sustainable products
- Remember the mantra – reduce, reuse, recycle in that order
Help with Green Living
If you’d like to learn more, why not try Congleton Town Council’s free eLearning Course: Sustainable Living in Congleton.
This takes between 15 and 30 minutes to complete and has sections on the home, transport, food and waste, with lots of links to other information and resources.
You could attend our annual Green Fayre and learn from the experts including local charities and providers of green products.
Check out our Green Resources for links to infographics, videos and quick reference guides to all things sustainable.
ANSA, our Cheshire East Household Waste service provider, has some very useful resources in its Community Toolkit.
Learn what Congleton Town Council is doing in our Green Council section. We also have a section for Green Business.
Last updated: 21st November 2022