Congleton In Bloom retains its GOLD status in the RHS North West in Bloom competition in 2021! Congleton was also awarded ‘Best large town in the NW’ and will be put forward to the national Britain in Bloom competition in 2022.
The town has had the honour and challenge of representing the North West in the national finals of the Britain in Bloom on several occasions, winning a gold medal in 2014, 2016 and 2018.
In 2019 Congleton received GOLD in the North West In Bloom competition, putting the town forward for the national Britain In Bloom competition in 2020. This competition was cancelled due to the pandemic and the town entered the digital national RHS Community Awards. Our tree planting as part of the Trees for Congleton project was entered in the ‘Green Solutions’ category. We are delighted that the entry was awarded Highly commended.
The In Bloom initiatives help to make Congleton a cleaner and greener place to live, work and visit.
A few pictures from the 2021 presentation
Congleton In Bloom 2021-22 Aims and Objectives
- To make Congleton an attractive place to live, work, shop and visit.
- To provide opportunities for the community to become involved either individually or in groups.
- To make Congleton a clean, green town through anti-litter campaigns, organising litter picks, removing graffiti, fly posting, improving local grot spots and recycling campaigns.
- To support the retail sector and promote tourism by providing attractive floral displays and green spaces.
- To raise standards and promote the town by entering competitions such as North West in Bloom and the Cheshire Civic Pride Awards.
- To encourage Eco Schools and gain green flag awards, encourage bio-diversity, energy conservation and the growing of local food.
- To involve young people in taking an active role in Congleton in Bloom.
How you can help
You could volunteer with one of the In Bloom community Town Tidies, or ask to join a Neighbourhood team (in place at Buglawton and Bromley Farm) and help them to look after their area. If you have seen a “grot spot” in Congleton, please report to: firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have any ideas for In Bloom and want to get involved, please get in touch with the Town Council or one of the group members.
The Congleton In Bloom team works with many groups across Congleton, too many to list on this page, for more details, see the 2021 Portfolio
In Bloom Portfolios
No competition for 2020