Congleton won North West in Bloom Large Town category in 2013, 2015, 2016 and again in 2017! In 2014 and 2016 we had the honour and challenge of representing the North West in the national finals of Britain in Bloom- due to the hard work an great results in 2017 this has enabled Congleton to compete in Britain in Bloom again in 2018.
2018 celebrates Congleton in Bloom being a GOLD award winning town and also reaching its 20th anniversary and making Congleton a more cleaner and greener place to live, work and visit.
Congleton in Bloom 2018-19 Aims and Objectives
- To make Congleton an attractive place to live, work, shop and visit.
- To provide opportunities for the community to become involved either individually or in groups.
- To make Congleton a clean, green town through anti-litter campaigns, organising litter picks, removing graffiti, fly posting, improving local grot spots and recycling campaigns.
- To support the retail sector and promote tourism by providing attractive floral displays and green spaces.
- To raise standards and promote the town by entering competitions such as North West in Bloom and the Cheshire Civic Pride Awards.
- To encourage Eco Schools and gain green flag awards, encourage bio diversity, energy conservation and the growing of local food.
- To involve young people in taking an active role in Congleton in Bloom.
How you can help
Britain’s Spring Clean: What can you do in your area? Monthly Clean-Ups will be announced in the News and Events section of the website.
Groups can get involved by: Organising a litter pick (pickers and bags provided) the next coordinated clean-ups are:
- Monday 23rd July- Congleton Community Garden, Lawton Street- 6.00pm
- Wednesday 1st August- Congleton Community Garden, Lawton Street- 6.00pm
Neighbourhoods can get involved by: Setting up a Neighbourhood team (Buglawton and Bromley Farm already have) – and get some support for improving your local area.
Shops Hanging Baskets: Click here for a letter with all the information for the 2018 Shops Hanging Baskets- for further information or forms, please contact Martha Hayes, tel: 01260 270350 ext 3 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org