Working Groups are generally proposed by a committee when there is a specific subject that would benefit from more in depth work than can be carried out via a committee, sometimes with the involvement of non-council people who have an interest or expertise in the subject.
Each working group will generally have its terms of reference. The groups are not decision- making bodies and will return their findings to the committee from which it originated.
Working groups are not open to the press or public unless specifically invited. Below you can find out more about each of the current working groups, what they are working on, who is on the team, what they have achieved and notes of their meetings.
The current working groups are:
- 750 Year Celebration Working Group
- Anti-Social Behaviour Working Group
- Congleton Green Working Group
- Congleton In Bloom Working Group
- Congleton Market Working Group
- Health and Wellbeing Working Group
- Integrated Transport Working Group
- Regeneration Working Group
- Streetscape Development Working Group
- Town Hall Development Working Group
- White Ribbon Working Group