Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Serena Van Schepdael – Finance Manager/Responsible Financial Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Robert Douglas– Chair
- Councillor Russell Chadwick– Vice Chair
- Councillor Suzanne Akers Smith
- Councillor Duncan Amies
- Councillor David Brown
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor George Hayes
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Denis Murphy
- Councillor James Smith
Ex-Officio Members: Councillor Margaret Gartside (Town Mayor), Councillor Rob Moreton (Deputy Mayor)
Printable Agenda and Reports Pack 9096KB
1. Apologies for Absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apology for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee held on 23rd March 2022.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings:
• Update to Financial Regulations: See item 18
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this committee, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
7. Grant Approvals and Commitments (Enclosed)
To receive a statement to show carry forward balances from 2021-2022 and current position as at 1st April 2022.
8. New Applications for Financial Assistance (Enclosed)
9. New Grant Activities Monitoring Forms (Enclosed)
To receive the New Grant Activities Monitoring Forms from:
10. Management Accounts (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Management Accounts to 31st March 2022.
11. Bank Reconciliation (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the bank reconciliation as at 31st March 2022.
12. Savings Account Balances (Enclosed)
To receive the Savings Account balances as at 31st March 2022.
13. List of Payments (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Payments lists between 1st February and 31st March 2022.
14. Fixed Asset Register (Enclosed)
To receive the Fixed Asset Register as at 31st March 2022.
15. Unaudited Financial Statements (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Unaudited Financial Statements for year ending 31st March 2022 and to recommend to Council on 22nd June 2022 for approval.
16. Internal Audit Report (Enclosed)
To receive the final Internal Audit report for year ending 31st March 2022 and recommend to Council on 22nd June 2022 for approval.
17. Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for the year ending 31st March 2022, and to recommend to Council on 22nd June 2022 for approval and submission to the external auditors, PKF Littlejohn, by 30th June 2022.
18. Update to Financial Regulations(Enclosed)
To accept the addition to the Financial Regulations and to recommend to Council for approval and adoption into the constitution.
19. Staff Drug & Alcohol Testing Policy (Enclosed)
To approve the request of random and with cause Drug and Alcohol Testing of all personnel and operatives.
20. Approval of Invoices (Enclosed)
To approve payment of 2 invoices to The Police and Crime Commissioner for Cheshire for allocation of PCSOs, relating to the financial year 2021-2022. Payment to be made from budget line 4162-303, Crime Reduction, allocation of funds have been carried forward from 2021-2022 budgets.
21. Winter Gritting 2023/24 (Enclosed)
To consider an option from Cheshire East Council for Town and Parish Councils to pay for additional gritting.
22. Resolution to exclude members of the press and public from item 23 due to private staff process matters
23. Cash Handling Policy (Confidential Report)
To review and approve the draft Cash Handling Policy and to recommend to Council for approval and adoption into the Constitution.