Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: David McGifford – Chief Officer Tel: 01260 270350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All members sit on the Council
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apologies for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
3. Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
Members are requested to declare both “non-pecuniary” and “pecuniary” interests’ as early in the meeting as they become aware of it.
4. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
5. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to Council Business, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
6. Town Mayor’s Announcements and Engagements (Enclosed)
To receive any announcements by the Town Mayor and to receive a list of the Mayor’s engagements.
7. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings and to provide an update on any work in progress.
8. Eaton Bank Academy
To receive a presentation on Highways and Pupil Safety at Eaton Bank Academy – “Issue and Solutions”.
9. Community and Environment Committee (Enclosed)
10. Finance and Policy Committee (Enclosed)
11. Planning Committee (Enclosed)
12. Town Hall, Assets and Services Committee (Enclosed)
13. Cheshire East Councillors’ Reports
To Suspend Standing Orders to allow Councillors from the principal authority to report on matters relating to or impacting on Congleton.
14. Amendments to the Grants and Funding Policy (Enclosed)
To approve the amendments to the Grants and Funding Policy as approved by the Finance and Policy Committee on 23rd March 2022, reference FAP/72/2122.
15. Congleton Community Projects’ Grant (Enclosed)
To note the payment of the Congleton Community Projects’ grant for 2022/23.
16. Calendar of Committee Meetings 2022/23 (Enclosed)
To approve the proposed calendar of Committee meeting dates for the civic year 2022/23.
17. Annual Review of the Business Risk Assessment (Enclosed)
To approve the Town Council’s Business Risk Assessment for 2022/23.
18. Ear Marked Reserves (Enclosed)
To approve the use and movement of the Town Councils’ Ear Marked Reserves.
To approve the proposed addition to the Civic Protocol for the criteria of appointing an Honorary Burgess.
20. Resolution to exclude members of the press and public from items 21, 22,23 and 24 due to Commercial Sensitivities.
21. Provision of Services at Congleton Town Hall (Confidential Report)
To approve the appointment of Congleton Town Hall’s Commercial Partner.
22. Hybrid Meeting Equipment (Confidential Report)
To approve the procurement of hybrid meeting equipment as recommended by the Town Hall, Assets and Services Committee.
23. Low Carbon Energy Proposal for Congleton Town Hall (Confidential Report)
To approve the procurement of professional services as recommended by the Town Hall, Assets and Services Committee.
24. Street Sweeper Service (Confidential Report)
To approve the proposed leasing of a mechanical street sweeper.