Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: David McGifford – Chief Officer Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
All members sit on the Council
- Councillor Margaret Gartside – Town Mayor (Chair)
- Councillor Rob Moreton – Deputy Mayor (Vice Chair)
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apologies for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 8th December 2022.
3. Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
Members are requested to declare both “non-pecuniary” and “pecuniary” interests’
as early in the meeting as they become aware of it.
4. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the
Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing
7 days prior to the meeting.
5. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to Council Business, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
6. Town Mayor’s Announcements and Engagements (Enclosed)
To receive any announcements by the Town Mayor and to receive a list of the Mayor’s engagements.
7. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings and to provide an update on any work in progress.
8. Paddling Pool refurbishment (Enclosed)
To approve the refurbishment of the soft play surface around the paddling pool
9. Finance and Policy Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Finance and Policy Committee meeting held on
24th November 2022.
10. Budget update (Enclosed)
To approve the requested movement from Earmarked Reserves for 2022-2023 and to approve the movement between EMR
11. Reserves Policy report (Enclosed)
To approve and adopt the Reserves Policy
12. Personnel Committee (Enclosed)
13. Planning Committee (Enclosed)
14. Town Hall, Assets and Services Committee (Enclosed)
15. Remote public access to meetings (Enclosed)
To agree on the conditions of use of current technology for Public meeting
16. Cheshire East Councillors’ Reports
To Suspend Standing Orders to allow Councillors from the principal authority to report on matters relating to or impacting on Congleton.
17. Resolution to Exclude the Public and Press from Items 18 and 19
To consider passing a resolution in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to
Meetings) Act 1960, that public and press be excluded from the meeting due to private staffing matters.
18. Drugs and Alcohol Policy (To follow)
To approve the proposal for the Introduction of a Drugs and Alcohol Policy
19. Honorary Burgess of the Town of Congleton (To follow)
To receive and consider a nomination for the appointment of an Honorary Burgess