Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: David McGifford – Chief Officer Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
All members sit on the Council
- Councillor Denis Murphy– Town Mayor (Chair)
- Councillor Margaret Gartside– Deputy Mayor (Vice Chair)
Printable Agenda and Reports Pack PDF 5823KB
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apologies for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the Minutes of the Council meeting held on 19th August 2021.
3. Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
Members are requested to declare both “non-pecuniary” and “pecuniary” interests’
as early in the meeting as they become aware of it.
4. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the
Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing
7 days prior to the meeting.
5. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to Council Business, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
To receive any announcements by the Town Mayor and to receive a list of the Mayor’s engagements.
7. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings and to provide an update on any work in progress.
8. Youth Committee
To receive questions from members of the Youth Committee present at the meeting.
9. Community and Environment Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Community and Environment Committee meeting held on 8th July 2021.
10. Finance and Policy Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Finance and Policy Committee meeting held on 29th July 2021.
11. Personnel Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Personnel Committee meeting held on 15th July 2021.
12. Planning Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 22nd July and 12th August 2021.
13. Town Hall Assets and Services Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Town Hall Assets and Services Committee meeting held on 1st July 2021.
14. Cheshire East Councillors’ Reports
To Suspend Standing Orders to allow Councillors from the principal authority to report on matters relating to or impacting on Congleton.
15. Review and Amendments to the Financial Regulations (Enclosed)
To approve the updates to the Financial Regulations as recommended by the Finance and Policy Committee on 30th September 2021 and for inclusion in the Council’s constitution.
16. Notice of Conclusion of Audit for 2021 (Enclosed)
To approve the final audit for year ending 31st March 2021 from the External Auditors as recommended by the Finance and Policy Committee on 30th September 2021
17. Shop Front Improvement Grants (Enclosed)
To approve a £10,000 Shop front improvement grant scheme as recommended by the
Finance and Policy Committee.
18. Review of Congleton Town Council’s Standing Orders (Enclosed)
To approve the updates to the Town Council’s Standing Orders.
19. Civic Protocol (Enclosed)
To approve the proposed Civic Protocol for Congleton Town Council.
20. Elizabeth Wolstenholme Elmy Statue (Enclosed)
To agree the Council’s preferred location for the Elizabeth Statue.
21. Town Hall Projections (Enclosed)
To approve the spend of up to £5,000 from Ear Mark Reserve for Town Hall projections.