The following members sit on this Working Group:
- Councillor Dave Brown
- Councillor Russell Chadwick
- Councillor Robert Douglas
- Councillor Suzy Firkin
- Councillor Amanda Martin
- Councillor Susan Mead
- Councillor Kay Wesley (Deputy Mayor)
Purpose: The Regeneration Working Group’s remit is to explore and where possible implement or work with partners to implement improvements to the town centre. The remit includes physical and social changes. The group will work collaboratively with East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce, landlords. Developers, Cheshire East Council and other interested and vested partners with the aim of future-proofing the Town Centre and to ensure that it can continue to service the needs of our growing town.
- CTC website to promote the business offer of the town.
- CTC to manage the first floor improvement business grant
- CTC to monitor KPI for the town centre – vacancy rates, car parking statistics, own footfall counts, business confidence
- Consideration of further activity to improve the Town Centres physical appearance, namely shop fronts
- Lobby for investment to enable an increase in new start up business activity and ongoing business support funding within the Town to improve business confidence.
- To assist those wishing to invest and increase the offer in our town through supporting their applications with Cheshire East and offering any support that we are able to offer. T
- To create a forum for local landlords to support each other and future development for the town.
- Create more activities, offers and promotions within the Town Centre.
- Development of the Congleton Town Centre to include an integrated approach to residential and commercial activity, to enable Congleton residents to enjoy leisure activities in conjunction with local business goals.
- Reduce the number of empty units within the Town Centre area through working with landlords and owners
- Increase the spend and number of visits to the Town Centre by Congleton residents and visitors.
- February 9, 2023: Regeneration Group WG minutes
- November 8, 2022: Congleton Regeneration WG Notes
- July 28, 2022: Congleton Regeneration WG Notes
- March 24, 2022: Congleton Regeneration Working Group
- December 16, 2021: Congleton Regeneration Working Group Minutes
- April 29, 2021: Business Support Working Group Minutes
- March 11, 2021: Business Support Working Group Minutes
- November 26, 2020: Business Support Working Group Minutes
- October 1, 2020: Business Support Working Group Minutes
- July 24, 2020: Business Support Working Group Minutes
- August 13, 2020: Business Support Working Group Minutes
- May 15, 2020: Business Support Working Group Minutes