Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Serena Van Schepdael – Finance Manager/Responsible Financial Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Robert Douglas– Chair
- Councillor Russell Chadwick– Vice Chair
- Councillor Suzanne Akers Smith
- Councillor Duncan Amies
- Councillor David Brown
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor George Hayes
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Rob Moreton
- Councillor James Smith
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apology for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee held on 30th September 2021.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings.
- Review of Grants and Funding Policy –This item is scheduled for the Finance and Policy Committee on 27th January 2022
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this committee, but no discussion or decisions
may be taken at the meeting.
7. Grant Approvals and Commitments 2021/22 (Enclosed)
To receive a statement showing the current position as at 31st October 2021.
8. New Applications for Financial Assistance (Enclosed)
• Grant Ref 07/2122 St Peter’s Church Parish of Congleton
• Grant Ref 08/2122 Congleton Rotary Club
• Grant Ref 09/2122 Cheshire Police/PCSO
• Grant Ref 10/2122 3rd Congleton Brownies and 2nd Congleton West Rainbows
9. New Grant Activities Monitoring Forms (Enclosed)
9.1 – To receive the New Grant Activities Monitoring Form from Congleton Live CIC Ltd (Congleton Jazz and Blues)
10. Management Accounts (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the Management Accounts as at 30th September 2021.
11. Bank Reconciliation (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the bank reconciliation as at 30th September 2021.
12. Savings Account Balances (Enclosed)
1: Note the update of re-investment.
2: Receive the Savings Accounts balances to 30th September 2021.
13. List of Payments (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Payments lists between 1st August and 30th September 2021.
14. Review and Amendments to the Financial Regulations (Enclosed)
To review recent changes made to the Financial Regulations and clarify points raised at the Council meeting held on 21st October 2021.
15. Budget and Precept 2022-23 (Enclosed)
1: To approve the budget and precept requirement of £996,333 for 2022/23 and to recommend this to Council on 9th December 2021 for approval.
2: To approve the Ear Marked Reserve Movements and proposed spends and to recommend this to Council on 9th December 2021 for approval.