Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Serena Van Schepdael – Finance Manager/Responsible Financial Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Robert Douglas– Chair
- Councillor Russell Chadwick– Vice Chair
- Councillor Suzanne Akers Smith
- Councillor Duncan Amies
- Councillor David Brown
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor George Hayes
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Rob Moreton
- Councillor James Smith
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apology for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee held on 25th November 2021.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings.
• Review of Grants and Funding Policy
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this committee, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
7. Grant Approvals and Commitments 2021/22 (Enclosed)
To receive a statement showing the current position as of 30th November 2021.
8. New Applications for Financial Assistance (Enclosed)
9. New Grant Activities Monitoring Forms and Letter of Thanks (Enclosed)
10. Management Accounts (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the Management Accounts as at 30th November 2021.
11. Bank Reconciliation (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the bank reconciliation as of 30th November 2021.
12. Savings Account Balances (Enclosed)
To receive the Savings Account balances as of 30th November 2021.
13. List of Payments (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Payments lists between 1st October and 30th November 2021.
14. Appointment of Internal Auditor (Enclosed)
To approve the appointment of Auditing Solutions Ltd as the internal Auditor for 2022/23.
15. Internal Audit: First Interim Report (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Internal Audit Report – First Interim 2021/22.
16. Annual Review of the Investment Strategy and Policy (Enclosed)
- To approve the updated Investment Strategy.
- To approve the update to point 4 in the Investment Policy and to recommend this to Council for approval and to adopt within the Updated Investment Policy into the Constitution.
- To approve the addition of point 5 and to recommend this to Council for approval and to adopt within the Updated Investment Policy into the Constitution noting that this new point 3.5 automatically lapses on the day the Notice of Poll for the Council elections to Congleton Town Council for May 2023 are published.
- To receive a verbal update.
- To receive a report to delegate the responsibility for awarding the first-floor improvement grants to the Chief Officer, or in their absence the Deputy Chief Officer, and for them to consult with members of the Regeneration Working Group using the criteria and process outlined.
18. Resolution to Exclude the Public and Press from Item 19
To consider passing a resolution in accordance with the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, that public and press be excluded from the meeting due to commercial sensitivities.
19. Congleton Information Centre Commission Rates (Confidential Report)
To approve discussion of current commission rates.