Congleton won North West in Bloom in 2013 and again in 2015! Now we have the honour and challenge of representing the North West in the national finals of Britain in Bloom 2016.
We won the NW Award thanks to the hard work of volunteers supported by Cheshire East Borough Council and Congleton Town Council.
Now we need to up our game and are looking for even more people to get involved in 2016. You don’t need to have green fingers – just a willingness to get involved and help out.
It could be for 10 minutes a week litter picking on your street, or helping with marketing and promotion, weeding, planting, general litter picks or improving an area.
Congleton in Bloom 2016-17 Aims and Objectives
- To make Congleton an attractive place to live, work, shop and visit.
- To provide opportunities for the community to become involved either individually or in groups.
- To make Congleton a clean, green town through anti-litter campaigns, organising litter picks, removing graffiti, fly posting, improving local grot spots and recycling campaigns.
- To support the retail sector and promote tourism by providing attractive floral displays and green spaces.
- To raise standards and promote the town by entering competitions such as North West in Bloom and the Cheshire Civic Pride Awards.
- To encourage Eco Schools and gain green flag awards, encourage bio diversity, energy conservation and the growing of local food.
- To involve young people in taking an active role in Congleton in Bloom.
How you can help
Britain’s Spring Clean: What can you do in your area? First activity on Saturday 25th March, 10.00am-12noon in Congleton Park
Groups can get involved by: Organising a litter pick (pickers and bags provided)
Neighbourhoods can get involved by: Setting up a Neighbourhood team (Buglawton and Bromley Farm already have) – and get some support for improving your local area.
Shops Hanging Baskets: Click here for a letter with all the information for the 2017 Shops Hanging Baskets- for further information or forms, please contact Martha Hayes, tel: 01260 270350 ext 3 or email: email@example.com