Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: David McGifford – Chief Officer Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
The following members sit on the Planning Committee:
- Councillor Amanda Martin (Chair)
- Councillor Robert Brittain (Vice Chair)
- Councillor Suzie Akers Smith
- Councillor Dawn Allen
- Councillor Charles Booth
- Councillor David Brown
- Councillor Robert Douglas
- Councillor Suzy Firkin
1. Apologies for Absence
Members are reminded of the necessity to give apologies in advance of the meeting and to give reasons for absence.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings
To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee 19th October 2023.
3. Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
Members are requested to declare both “non-pecuniary” and “pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become aware of it.
4. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings and to provide an update on any work in progress.
5. Questions from Members of the Public Maximum 15 Minutes
A maximum of 5 mins is allowed for each application / subject.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this committee, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
To approve the amended guidance notes for applications that include trees.
8. Planning Enforcement
To receive any updates on enforcement matters.
7.9.23 Astbury Place /Congleton park bridge Section 106 – Briefing note from David Malcolm CEC Planning
No further updates since 7.9.23
9. Planning Applications Section 1
To note or comment as appropriate on planning applications lodged with Cheshire East Council. Section 1 is for members of the public who are wishing to comment about specific applications at the meeting.
10. Neighbourhood Plan (to follow )
To receive an update on the progress of the Neighbourhood Plan
11. Planning Appeals
To note or comment as appropriate on planning appeals lodged with Cheshire East Council.
12. Licensing Applications
To note or comment as appropriate on Licensing Applications lodged with Cheshire East Council.
Sainsbury’s, Manchester Road, Congleton, CW12 2HT
Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd has applied on 18th October 2023 to Cheshire East Council in respect of the premises known as Sainsbury’s, Manchester Road, Congleton, CW12 2HT for a premises licence to provide the following licensable activity:
- Supply of Alcohol – Monday – Sunday – 07:00 – 23:00
Comments by the 15th November 2023
Young Pretender, 30-34 Lawton Street, Congleton, CW12 1RS
Punch Taverns Limited has applied on 8th November 2023 to Cheshire East Council in respect of the premises known as Young Pretender, 30-34 Lawton Street, Congleton, CW12 1RS for a premises licence to provide the following licensable activities:
- Films, Recorded Music & Supply of Alcohol – Sunday – Thursday – 07:00 – 00:00, Friday – Saturday – 07:00 – 01:00
- Live Music – Monday – Sunday – 07:00 – 00:00
- Late Night Refreshment – Sunday – Thursday – 23:00 – 00:00, Friday – Saturday – 23:00 – 01:00
Representations by 6 December 2023.
13. Planning Applications Section 2 (Enclosed)
To note or comment as appropriate on planning applications lodged with Cheshire East Council.