Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Jackie MacArthur – Communities and Marketing Manager and Deputy Chief Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following members sit on the Community Committee:
- Councillor Kay Wesley (Deputy Mayor, Chair)
- Councillor Emma Hall (Vice Chair)
- Councillor Dave Brown
- Councillor Mark Edwardson
- Councillor Suzy Firkin
- Councillor Arabella Holland
- Councillor Sally Ann Holland
- Councillor Susan Mead
- Councillor Shaun Radcliffe
- Councillor Glen Williams
1. Apologies for Absence
Members are reminded of the necessity to give apologies in advance of the meeting and to give reasons for absence.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Community Committee held on the 29th June 2023 as a correct record.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the
Public, either verbally at the meeting, including those which have been received in writing
7 days prior to the meeting.
5. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this Committee, but no discussion or decisions
May be taken at the meeting.
6. Safer Streets – Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Update (Verbal Update)
To receive and consider a presentation from Superintendent Claire Jesson on the Cheshire East Safer Streets Strategy – this is delayed from the 27 June 2023.
7. Cheshire Police (enclosed)
To receive and consider a report from Cheshire Police on Policing matters affecting Congleton.
To receive updates from the Community Committee held on the 27 June and outstanding items.
9. Approve the Notes of the Community Safety Working Group (enclosed)
To receive and approve the notes of the Community Safety Working Group held on the 21st July 2023
10. White Ribbon group (verbal)
To receive a verbal update from the White Ribbon Ambassadors and Champions held on Thursday 3 August 2023.
To discuss Congleton Town Council’s response to the Cheshire East Consultation
12. Engaging with Congleton Youth (enclosed)
To consider a paper on re-establishing and strengthening the voice of youth in the town.
13. Congleton Christmas Proposed Activities (enclosed)
To receive and approve a report on Congleton Christmas activities to date
14. Communications Update (enclosed)
To receive and note a report highlighting the Town Council’s Communications Activities for April – July.