Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Jackie MacArthur – Communities and Marketing Manager and Deputy Chief Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: email@example.com
The following members sit on the Community Committee:
- Councillor Kay Wesley (Deputy Mayor, Chair)
- Councillor Emma Hall (Vice Chair)
- Councillor Dave Brown
- Councillor Mark Edwardson
- Councillor Suzy Firkin
- Councillor Arabella Holland
- Councillor Sally Ann Holland
- Councillor Susan Mead
- Councillor Shaun Radcliffe
- Councillor Glen Williams
1. Apologies for Absence
Members are reminded of the necessity to give apologies in advance of the meeting and to give reasons for absence.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Community and Environment Committee held on
16 February 2023 as a correct record. Note these will also go to the first Environment Committee on the 13th July.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the
Public, either verbally at the meeting, including those which have been received in writing
7 days prior to the meeting.
5. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this Committee, but no discussion or decisions
May be taken at the meeting.
6. Safer Streets – Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Update (Verbal Update)
To receive and consider a presentation from Superintendent Claire Jesson on the Cheshire East Safer Streets Strategy
7. Cheshire Police (enclosed)
To receive and consider a report from Cheshire Police on Policing matters affecting Congleton.
To receive updates from the Community and Environment Committee held on the 16th February and outstanding items.
To consider a request for help from the Congleton Sustainable Travel Group to resolve two areas which are causing issues for non-standard bikes, buggies and wheelchairs.
11. Understanding Town Centre Access Issues (enclosed)
To consider an opportunity for Councillors accept a challenge to experience the Town Centre as experienced by those with physical or visual challenges and to draw up a list of improvements needed.
To receive a report highlighting progress on a cross-organisation project to create a well-being hub in Worrall Street.
13. Congleton Town Council Website Update (enclosed)
To approve setting up a small working group to work on the brief for a revamped website for the Town Council.
14. Town Crier Role for Congleton (enclosed)
To consider and approve a scheme to audition for a Congleton Town Crier.
15. Bear Necessities Newsletter (enclosed)
To consider alternative formats for the Town Council’s newsletters and make a recommendation.
16. Beer and Gin Festival (verbal update)
To receive a verbal update on the progress of this festival in October.