Cheshire East Council are asking Congleton residents to have their say on plans to revitalise Congleton town Centre. A draft ‘town centre vitality plan’ has been created for Congleton and eight other key market towns in the borough.
Congleton Town Mayor, Cllr Margaret Gartside said: “The plans have been commissioned by an expert team to come up with some fresh ideas to improve Congleton. Cheshire East are seeking public opinion and support for the suggestions. I would urge all residents to have their say now, whilst you have the chance. Your feedback really does matter and could help to shape future improvements for our town.”
Cllr Gartside continues: “The proposals do not come with funding, but experience over the past few years shows that when national funding becomes available it is the towns that already have an agreed set of priority projects which are supported by the community are the towns most likely to be successful in gaining funding.” Responses are needed by 5pm on Tuesday 8 November. Links to the Congleton Vitality Plan and Consultation can be viewed here:
Congleton Town Centre Vitality Plan
Congleton Town Centre Consultation 2022 (cheshireeast.gov.uk)
Residents can submit their comments either by:
- Completing the short online survey
- Emailing: email@example.com
- Writing to Research and Consultation, Cheshire East Council, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, CW11 1HZ
- Congleton residents are urged to have their say on plans to revitalise Congleton town Centre. A draft ‘town centre vitality plan’ has been created – what do you think? Give your feedback by 8 Nov: https://zurl.co/zOhF
- Hard copies available in the Congleton Information Centre & Library.
Once the consultation is complete, results will be analysed and used to finalise the Town Centre Vitality Plans, before they are considered for approval by local Town and Parish Councils, and Cheshire East Council.