Local people have until Wednesday 26th July to give Cheshire East Council their feedback on the implications for proposed bus changes. Cheshire East has put forward suggestions aimed at making a £1.6 million saving on supported bus services. These are services that Cheshire East currently helps to subsidise.
The main proposed changes for Congleton are:
- 38 Crewe to Macclesfield- withdrawing evening services
- 77 Kidsgrove to Congleton- withdrawing service
- 99 Macclesfield to Congleton- withdrawing service
- 315 Congleton to Rode Heath- withdrawing service
- 91, 92 & 93 “Beartown Buses”- same routes and start and finish time, every 30 minutes.
Cheshire East is keen to hear from local residents about how these proposed changes would affect them. An information booklet and questionnaire can be collected from the library and Tourist Information Centre or downloaded at the Cheshire East Website.