Congleton Paddling Pool has been a firm favourite with young children since the 1930s! It is managed by Congleton Town Council and can be found in Park Road, CW12 1DP next to the Daneside Theatre. The pool is now closed until May 2023. All visitors required to book online in advance, walk-ins are not possible.
- Everyone attending the pool is required to book, this includes babies and toddlers and adults who may not be planning to get into the paddling pool directly.
- The facility is designed for children aged 11 years and under. All children require a parent/guardian to attend the session with them.
- You are only able to book one session per week. Up to a maximum of eight guests can be booked under your party.
- If you or a guest on your booking is unable to attend, we request you cancel the space so that it can be offered to people on the waiting list. We reserve the right to cancel and block your future bookings in the event of repeated non-cancellations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
*The pool will reopen in May 2023*
When is the paddling pool open?
The pool is open five days a week from Wednesday to Sunday, with two sessions each day. 10am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm.
When can I book a session?
There will be 140 tickets for each session, released daily a week in advance. Cut-off for same day bookings is 8am for mid week sessions and 10am every Friday for sessions on a Saturday and Sunday.
How much does it cost to book a session at the paddling pool?
Congleton Paddling Pool is free of charge; however, this is only due to local Congleton residents paying for the facility through the Town Council’s precept.
Can we just turn up to the paddling pool without a booking?
No, we are not able to accept walk-ins to the paddling pool, all visitors must book online in advance via the town council website.
Why do we need to book a session at the paddling pool?
Congleton Paddling Pool is an extremely popular attraction and sees people travelling from miles around to visit. We need to manage the number of people visiting to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Is my booking guaranteed?
Your booking is always weather dependent and where necessary we may choose to close the pool should the weather forecast be extremely poor. You will receive an email if you’re booked onto a session that will not be taking place – we will not provide an alternative date and you’ll need to rebook yourself onto a future session.
What facilities are available at the paddling pool?
A paddling pool attendant will be on duty at all times. There is one communal toilet with a baby change unit and a gradual ramp for wheelchair access. The grass area around the pool can be used for picnics etc. A short walk from the pool you’ll find the town’s park with beautiful gardens, play equipment, toilets and a café serving take-away ice cream and refreshments in the summer.
Where can I park?
If you are driving to the facility, please be aware that Daneside Theatre car park is a private car park and cannot be used for the pool. Part of Park Road is limited to resident only parking – so please use the town centre car parks, several of which are located near by.
- The paddling pool is for the use of young children only.
- All children inside the paddling pool enclosure must be accompanied by a responsible person who is responsible for the child at all times.
- Babies and children should wear suitable swimming nappies when using the paddling pool.
- NO DOGS are allowed in the pool or pool enclosure.
- Glass bottles, glassware or china must not be brought into the pool enclosure.
- The surrounds of the paddling pool may be slippery, so to avoid accidents please no running in the pool area.
- The paddling pool is a bare foot area; no skateboards, roller skates, bicycles or other such equipment shall be brought into the pool or pool enclosure.
- This is a shallow water paddling pool not for swimming or diving.
- Strictly no alcohol, vaping and no smoking.
- No ball games.
- All persons using this facility do so at their own risk.
- The facility and its equipment must be used for its intended purpose only.