Please note this page and links from this page are updated regularly. The most frequently viewed pages are Shopping and deliveries and Take aways.
These pages are designed to give local people information to help them during the Coronavirus epidemic.
The links below are to pages on this site developed to give you local information. This is followed by national links.
Up to date information can be found on various NHS or government websites. Links can be found below. These are updated regularly by the NHS and Government.
Every day at 2pm the Department of Health releases a tweet with up to date figures about those who have been tested for the virus.
You should follow the NHS and Government advice. This is as follows:
Everyone should STAY AT HOME as much as possible to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- Exercise such as a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this cannot be done from home
Even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
Do not leave your home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- A high temperature– this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough– this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Anosmia– also a recognised symptom requiring self-isolation. (18/05/20) Anosmia is the loss or change in your normal sense of smell. Sense of Taste can also be affected as they are closely linked
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
To find out what to do, use the NHS 111 coronavirus service
To avoid spreading the Virus, DO:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Do not have visitors to your home, including friends and family