The following members sit on this Working Group:
- Cllr Russell Chadwick– Chair
- Cllr Robert Douglas– Vice Chair
- Cllr David Brown
- Cllr Suzy Firkin
- Cllr Sally Ann Holland (Town Mayor)
- Cllr Kay Wesley
- David McGifford- CTC Chief Officer
- Jackie MacArthur- CTC Communities and Marketing Manager and Deputy Chief Officer
- Martha Hayes – CTC Marketing and Events Officer
Purpose: The COVID-19 pandemic constitutes an unprecedented challenge with very severe socio-economic consequences. Congleton Town Council has convened this Business Support Working Group to co-ordinate a comprehensive strategy to help support our local business community. The strategy will combine short, medium and long-term initiatives, taking into account the views of our community whilst keeping in focus the historic nature of our town.
- Short Term; Congleton Town Council’s website to provide useful links for businesses, such as UK Government, Grant Schemes etc.
- Short Term; Development of a Business Advisory Group, working with local accountants, estate agents, financial and business experts.
- Medium Term; Town Centre Appearance.
- Medium Term; Lobby for investment to enable an increase in new start up business activity and ongoing business support funding within the town to improve business confidence.
- Long Term; Development of Congleton Town Centre to include an integrated approach to residential and commercial activity to enable Congleton residents to enjoy leisure activities in conjunction with local business goals.
Partners: This group collaborates with the following: