The following members sit on this Working Group:
- Cllr Kay Wesley – Chair
- Cllr Amanda Martin
- Cllr Rob Moreton
- Cllr Denis Murphy
- Cllr Sally Ann Holland
- Glen Williams- Chair of Bromley Farm Community Group
- Sgt. Paul Brunton- Cheshire Police
- Jackie MacArthur- CTC Deputy Chief Officer
- Ruth Burgess- CTC Streetscape Manager
- Julia Pestell Hassell- Cheshire East Council
Purpose: To monitor, address and reduce antisocial behaviour and its underlying causes in Congleton. This Working Group reports to the Community & Environment Committee, where any significant policy or funding decisions are made.
- Monitor ASB incidence in Congleton over time with a goal of year-on-year reduction.
- Identify ASB and drug/alcohol ‘hotspots’ and recommend solutions for them – e.g. policing, Public Space Protection Orders (PSPOs), community work…
- Monitor the success of the Congleton CCTV service and recommend additional such services where relevant.
- Work to identify opportunities to engage people, especially young people, such that antisocial behaviour does not develop in the first place.
- Monitor rough sleeping in Congleton and ensure that people have access to the right services and support.
- ASB in the run up to 2019 year-end had reduced by 50% year-on-year (from 22 incidents down to 11).
- Councillors visited the CCTV centre and learned how it helps keep Congleton safe.
- Bamboogy have offered to trial a ‘Youth Night’ as an alcohol-free club for people aged 14-17.
Partners: This group collaborates with the following:
- Congleton Town Council Youth Committee
- Congleton Youth Forum
- Cheshire Police
- Cheshire East Council
- White Ribbon Working Group
How Can You Help: Do you work with a community group, charity or youth group that might have some contribution to make? Do you have knowledge or ideas about making Congleton safer and reducing or removing antisocial behaviour? Please get in touch and send us your ideas, or even volunteer to help, email us at email@example.com