Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Serena Van Schepdael – Finance Manager/Responsible Financial Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Robert Douglas– Chair
- Councillor Russell Chadwick– Vice Chair
- Councillor Suzanne Akers Smith
- Councillor Duncan Amies
- Councillor David Brown
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor George Hayes
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Denis Murphy
- Councillor James Smith
Ex-Officio Members: Councillor Margaret Gartside (Town Mayor), Councillor Rob Moreton (Deputy Mayor)
Printable Agenda and Reports Pack 32789KB
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apology for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Finance & Policy Committee held on 24th November 2022.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests
as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings.
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the
Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing
7 days prior to the meeting.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this committee, but no discussion or decisions
may be taken at the meeting.
7. Grant Approvals and Commitments (Enclosed)
To receive a statement showing the current position as at 31st December 2022.
8. New Applications for Financial Assistance (Enclosed)
• 8.1 Grant Ref 12/2223 The Old Saw Mill
• 8.2 Grant Ref 13/2223 Congleton Harriers
• 8.3 Grant Ref 15/2223 St Peter’s Church
• 8.4 Grant Ref 16/2223 Astbury Mere Trust Limited
• 8.5 Grant Ref 17/2223 The Green Tree House
9. New Grant Activities Monitoring Forms (Enclosed)
To receive the New Grant Activities Monitoring Form from:
• 9.1 Congleton Harriers
• 9.2 Congleton Players
10. Management Accounts (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Management Accounts to 31st December 2022.
11. Bank Reconciliation (Enclosed)
To receive and consider the bank reconciliation as at 31st December 2022.
12. Savings Account Balances (Enclosed)
To receive the Savings Account balances as at 31st December 2022.
13. List of Payments (Enclosed)
To receive and approve the Payments lists between 1st October and 31st December 2022.
14. Appointment of Internal Auditor (Enclosed)
To approve the appointment of Auditing Solutions Ltd the Internal Auditor for 2023/24.
15. Reserve Policy (Enclosed)
To approve the Reserve Policy and recommend to Council for approval and adoption into the Constitution.
16. First Floor Improvement Grant Update (Enclosed)
To note the update
17. Resolution to exclude members of the press and public from item 18 due to private staff process matters
18. Drug and Alcohol Policy
To approve the Drug and Alcohol Policy and to recommend to Council on 9th February 2023 for approval and adoption into the constitution.