Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: David McGifford – Chief Officer Tel: 01260 270350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All members sit on the Council
- Councillor Denis Murphy– Town Mayor (Chair)
- Councillor Margaret Gartside– Deputy Mayor (Vice Chair)
Printable Agenda and Reports Pack PDF 2521KB
1. Apologies for absence
Members are respectfully reminded of the necessity to submit any apologies for absence in advance and to give a reason for non-attendance.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Council meeting held on 9th December 2021 and Emergency Council meeting held on 6th January 2022.
3. Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
Members are requested to declare both “non-pecuniary” and “pecuniary” interests’ as early in the meeting as they become aware of it.
4. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
5. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to Council Business, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
6. Town Mayor’s Announcements (Enclosed)
To receive any announcements by the Town Mayor and to receive a list of the Mayor’s engagements.
7. Outstanding Actions
To review any outstanding actions from previous meetings and to provide an update on any work in progress.
8. Youth Committee
To receive questions from members of the Youth Committee present at the meeting.
9. Community and Environment Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Community and Environment Committee meeting held on 11th November 2021.
10. Finance and Policy Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Finance and Policy Committee meeting held on 25th November 2021.
11. Planning Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 18th November and 14th December 2021.
12. Town Hall, Assets and Services Committee (Enclosed)
To receive the minutes of the Town Hall Assets and Services Committee meeting held on 4th November 2021.
13. Cheshire East Councillors’ Reports
To Suspend Standing Orders to allow Councillors from the principal authority to report on matters relating to or impacting on Congleton.
14. Replacement Ride on Mowers for Streetscape Services (Enclosed)
To approve the procurement of replacement ride on mowers as recommended by the Town Hall, Assets and Services Committee 13th January 2022 reference THAS/36/2122.
15. Annual Review of the Investment Strategy and Policy 2022/23 (Enclosed)
To approve the updated Investment Policy and the latest Investment Strategy as approved by the Finance and Policy Committee on 27th January 2022, reference FAP/58/2122.
16. Creating a Site-Specific Biodiversity Plan for Congleton (Enclosed)
To procure resource to develop a Site-Specific Biodiversity Plan for Congleton, as proposed by the Community and Environment Committee on 3rd February 2022.
17. Cheshire East Council Tranche 1 Active Travel Measure Review (Enclosed)
To establish Congleton Town Council’s position on areas related to this review.
18. Update on Congleton Household Waste Disposal Site (Enclosed)
To receive an update on Congleton’s Household Waste Disposal Site.