Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Jackie MacArthur – Communities and Marketing Manager and Deputy Chief Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Kay Wesley- Chair
- Councillor Sally Ann Holland– Vice Chair
- Councillor Dawn Allen
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor Suzy Firkin
- Councillor Robert Hemsley
- Councillor Amanda Martin
- Councillor Denis Murphy
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Mark Rogan
Ex-Officio Members: Councillor Margaret Gartside (Town Mayor), Councillor Rob Moreton (Deputy Mayor)
Printable Agenda and Reports Pack PDF 2196KB
1. Apologies for Absence
Members are reminded of the necessity to give apologies in advance of the meeting and to give reasons for absence.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Community and Environment Committee held on 26th May 2022 as a correct record.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
These are dealt with in Agenda item 8 and there will be a verbal update on Citizens Advice.
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting, including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
- Mr Dalgeigh – Town Centre
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this Committee, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
7. Cheshire Police (Verbal Update)
To receive and consider a verbal report from Cheshire Police on Policing matters affecting Congleton.
8. Updates from previous Community and Environment Committee (Enclosed)
To receive updates from the Community and Environment Committee held on 26th May 2022.
9. Food and Friendship at Congleton Town Hall (Enclosed)
Presentation from Mark Bailey on a community scheme that Mark’s Events will be trialling on the ground floor of the Town Hall.
10. Anti-Social Behaviour Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Anti-Social Behaviour Working Group held on 7th July 2022 and a verbal update from the chair.
11. White Ribbon Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive a copy of the White Ribbon Working Group minutes from the 8th June 2022 and to receive a verbal update from the Chair on its recent activities.
12. ‘Reset’ Pilot Project Launched in Congleton (Enclosed)
To note a report highlighting the ‘Reset’ Project which is being piloted in Congleton to teach young people about healthy relationships.
13. Congleton In Bloom Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Congleton In Bloom Working Group from the meeting held on 3rd May 2022 and a brief verbal update from the team on the NW in Bloom judging on the 26th July and Britain in Bloom judging on the 2nd August.
14. Congleton Green Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Congleton Green Working Group held on the 18th May 2022 and to receive a verbal update from the Chair on the meeting of 27 July 2022.
15. “No Mow Way”(Enclosed)
To consider “No Mow May” 2022 and discuss actions that should be taken for “No Mow May” 2023.
16. Congleton Skate Park(Enclosed)
To consider a request from Cheshire East Council to assist with creating an improved skating park for Congleton.
17. Update on Chapel House – Known Locally as Moody Hall (Enclosed)
To receive an update report on Moody Hall, Moody Street.
18. 750 Year Celebration Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the 750 Year Celebration Working Group held on 9th June and 14th July 2022.
19. Update on 750 Year Celebration Activities (Enclosed)
To receive an update report on the 750 Year Celebration activities organised by Congleton Town Council.
20. Support for Ukraine (Verbal Update)
To receive a verbal update on activity in support of Ukraine.