Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Jackie MacArthur – Communities and Marketing Manager and Deputy Chief Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Kay Wesley- Chair
- Councillor Sally Ann Holland– Vice Chair
- Councillor Dawn Allen
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor Suzy Firkin
- Councillor Robert Hemsley
- Councillor Amanda Martin
- Councillor Denis Murphy
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Mark Rogan
Ex-Officio Members: Councillor Margaret Gartside (Town Mayor), Councillor Rob Moreton (Deputy Mayor)
Printable Agenda and Reports Pack PDF 2144KB
1. Apologies for Absence
Members are reminded of the necessity to give apologies in advance of the meeting and to give reasons for absence.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Community and Environment Committee held on the 31st March 2022 as a correct record.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
These are dealt with in Agenda item 9.
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting, including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this Committee, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
7. Cheshire Police (Verbal Update)
To receive and consider a verbal report from Cheshire Police on Policing matters affecting Congleton.
8. Congleton Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) (Enclosed)
To receive an update report on Congleton’s Citizen Advice bureau and a short presentation from the Advice Bureau’s Chief Officer about how it is now operating in Congleton.
9. Updates from previous Community and Environment Committee (Enclosed)
To receive updates from the Community and Environment Committee held on the 3rd February 2022.
10. Anti-Social Behaviour Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Anti-Social Behaviour Working Group held on the 5th May 2022 and a verbal update from the chair.
11. White Ribbon Working Group (Verbal Update)
To receive a short update from the White Ribbon Working Group on its recent activities.
12. Domestic Abuse Clinic and Related Services in Congleton (Enclosed)
To receive an updates paper regarding Domestic Abuse services and the way forward for Congleton.
13. Congleton In Bloom Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Congleton In Bloom Working Group from the meeting held on the 28th March and 3rd May 2022 and a brief verbal update from the team.
14. Congleton Green Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Congleton Green Working Group held on the 16th March and 21st April 2022 and to receive a verbal update from the Chair on the meeting of 18th May 2022.
15. Air Quality Concerns in Congleton (Enclosed)
To consider a paper from Dr Barry Speed on behalf of the Congleton Green Working Group, requesting Town Council support for lobbying Cheshire East Council to do more to improve air quality in Congleton.
16. Support for Ukrainian Guests and their Hosts (Enclosed)
To receive a paper outlining actions being taken by the Congleton Area Ukrainian Support Network (CAUSN), to support Ukrainians and host families in the area.
17. 750 Year Celebration Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the 750 Year Celebration Working Group held on the 7th April and 5th May 2022.