Times: – 7.00pm
Location: Congleton Town Hall
Contact: Jackie MacArthur – Communities and Marketing Manager and Deputy Chief Officer
Tel: 01260 270350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following members sit on this committee:
- Councillor Kay Wesley- Chair
- Councillor Sally Ann Holland– Vice Chair
- Councillor Dawn Allen
- Councillor Paul Duffy
- Councillor Suzy Firkin
- Councillor Robert Hemsley
- Councillor Amanda Martin
- Councillor Rob Moreton
- Councillor Jean Parry
- Councillor Mark Rogan
Ex-Officio Members: Councillor Denis Murphy (Town Mayor), Councillor Margaret Gartside (Deputy Mayor)
Printable Agenda and Reports Pack PDF 7563KB
1. Apologies for Absence
Members are reminded of the necessity to give apologies in advance of the meeting and to give reasons for absence.
2. Minutes of Previous Meetings (Enclosed)
To approve and sign the minutes of the Community and Environment Committee held on 3rd February 2022 as a correct record.
3. Declarations of Interest
Members are requested to declare both “pecuniary” and “non-pecuniary” interests as early in the meeting as they become known.
4. Outstanding Actions
These are dealt with in Agenda item 9.
5. Questions from Members of the Public
There will be 15 minutes at each meeting to receive any questions from Members of the Public, either verbally at the meeting, including those which have been received in writing 7 days prior to the meeting.
6. Urgent Items
Members may raise urgent items related to this Committee, but no discussion or decisions may be taken at the meeting.
7. Cheshire Police (Verbal Update)
To receive and consider a verbal report from Cheshire Police on Policing matters affecting Congleton.
8. Community Support for Ukraine (Enclosed)
To discuss potential support that Congleton Town Council can give to Ukraine Refugees and members of our community sponsoring families.
9. Updates from previous Community and Environment Committee (Enclosed)
To receive updates from the Community and Environment Committee held on 3rd February 2022.
10. Anti-Social Behaviour Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Anti-Social Behaviour Working Group held on the 3rd March 2022 and receive an update from the chair
11. SHOUT! Campaign (Enclosed)
To receive a presentation from the architects of the Cheshire East campaign for young people to challenge and stamp out sexual harassment.
12. White Ribbon Working Group (To Follow)
To receive a short update from the White Ribbon Working Group on its recent activities.
13. Congleton In Bloom Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Congleton In Bloom Working Group from the meeting held on the 28th January 2022 and a brief update from the team.
14. Congleton Green Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the Congleton Green Working Group held on the 17th February and 16th March 2022 and to receive an update from chair
15. Green Marketing Plan and Communications(Enclosed)
To discuss the suggested timetables and themes for the Green Calendar and Marketing Plan.
16. 30 Site-Specific Biodiversity Plan and No Mow May (Enclosed)
To receive an update on the Site-Specific Biodiversity Plan and to discuss the No Mow May campaign.
17. 750 Year Celebration Working Group (Enclosed)
To receive the notes of the 750 Year Celebration Working Group held on 3rd February and 3rd March 2022.
18. Chatty Benches (Enclosed)
To approve a scheme to create a number of chatty benches across Congleton.