After many years in the planning, work is finally starting on the 5.5km Congleton Link Road. The link road will join the A534 Sandbach Road (to the west of Congleton) with the A536 Macclesfield Road (to the north of the town). The new road is expected to be open late in 2020.
In July 2018, Cheshire East Council appointed the large engineering company Graham to deliver the scheme.
At a Meet the Developers open session at the end of January, engineers from the Graham team shared the proposed work phases:
- Utility Diversions – start January 2019
- Ecological Management work – starts January 2019
- Site Compounds established – March 2019
- Earthworks commence – March 2019
- Back Lane East complete June 2019
As part of these works there is now a ROAD CLOSURE on Back Lane, Congleton between Radnor Hall Farm and Radnor Park Trading Estate this is likely to continue until the end of July 2019.
- There will be no access to through traffic along this section of Back Lane. Diversion signs will be in place
- Access to the playing fields will be maintained via the Chelford Road End
- Access to properties between Chelford Road and the closure will be maintained via Chelford Road
- Access to Seddon Homes construction site will be via Holmes Chapel Road.
If you have any questions regarding information on the Link Road works the best contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be seen at : www.graham.co.uk/congleton-link-road
For the full presentation as mentioned above, click here.